Friday, December 5, 2008

"Miss Invisible"

I just finished reading this great book "Miss Invisible" by Laura Jensen Walker. If you've ever felt invisible by how you appear to others or how you think you appear to others, then you definitely need to pick up this book. In it, she starts a blog to complain about how people treat her because she is a "big woman". By the end of the book, she is a stronger woman and happy with who God made her to be. She also realizes that people can feel invisible and not be "big".

I sometimes feel that way. I sometimes let people treat me like I'm invisible or that my feelings don't really matter. Not anymore. I know God loves me for who I am, even if not many people know the true me. I feel like I've changed so much in the last year that most people don't know me anymore, even if they were really close to me at some point in my life. They may know a lot about me, but they don't KNOW me. Hopefully, this blog will help you get to know me a little more and get to know who God made me to be.

I'm not very outgoing, but I'm also not very shy. I don't usually talk to people at first; I sit back and observe, its not that I'm a snob or anything, I just like to get to know people before I decide how much of my guard I'm going to let down. I've been hurt in the past by the people who were supposed to protect and love me and so now I protect myself. I'm trying to let some of that go now. I've forgiven them, but that doesn't mean they didn't hurt me and that I don't hurt anymore. Anywho, that's another topic for another blog post. :)

I tend to ramble, when I get started its hard for me to stop. I love to laugh and enjoy time with friends and my children. I love to play games (board games, not mind games). I like some video games, but not many. I prefer some one-on-one games like Sorry, Monopoly, Trouble, Clue, and games of those sorts. I love to play Bunco! I started playing about a year ago and I'm hooked! I'm part of a group of women that get together once a month to play! It's so much fun!

Some other things I like: I love pedicures, snow, rain, sunshine, swimming, going to the park on a great spring or fall day, talking on the phone, being a servant for the Lord, reading, scrapbooking, playing on my computer, traveling (hopefully one day, I'll go somewhere really exciting other than AR, SC, and TX), and having babies! Yes, I said having babies! I love being pregnant and giving birth to a wonderful little miracle! Raising them is difficult and that has to be where most of my complaints are, but then I remember that chose to bless ME with these wonderful little children and that usually makes my day all better.

Ok, so for now, I'm going to end this. I'm sure I could go on and on, but I do need to take care of my home and children some too. Enjoy reading future posts!

1 comment:

Diane said...

That sounds like a great book!