Just a warning, I'm getting on a soapbox and not getting down!! :)
I've often wondered if I was a good friend to others, not just a fair weather friend, but a GOOD friend. I don't need to be one of those people that you talk to every day, but I like to know that if you are going through things (good or bad), that I'd know and you'd let me know. You'd WANT me to know, because if it's a struggled, I'd pray for you and you'd know it. If it's a good thing, that I'd rejoice with you and CELEBRATE!!
I'm reading a book called "The Friendship Factor" and learning more about women-to-women friendships. Growing up, I was always friends with guys because I didn't want to deal with the drama that usually happens between girls. Now that I'm married, I do my best to keep friendships with guys very limited so that Satan has no threshold to tempt anyone or for anyone to gossip and spread false information either. (Good rule for men and women).
All that being said, I've been saddened over reactions to friends news that are rejoice worthy! We should throw parties or do small get-togethers for our friends when good things happen! :) Trying to plan an engagement/bridal shower for a friend and planning a family get-together for another to celebrate some good news! :)
Do this for your friends when they bring news to you! There are some things that cannot be changed (no matter what) and you should support your friends and LOVE them! Celebrate, rejoice, party, pray, LOVE on them when they need you most!
Psalm 66:6 "HE turned the sea into dry land, they passed through the waters on FOOT- come, let us rejoice in HIM" MY GOD CAN DO ANYTHING!!! Rejoice in the gifts of friendship, rejoice in the news of friends/spouses, rejoice with your kids! Rejoice!
Monday, September 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment