Monday, September 13, 2010

You've got to be kidding me

Just some updates on what my children have been doing and what has been going on in their lives.  I just felt the need to brag on them and tell all their new accomplishments. Enjoy catching up with my kids.

Christopher's learning how to express himself using his words (yes, this is part of his "schooling"). He loves his silly bandz and his Veggie Tale watch! :) He loves his Cars shirts and cartoon character undies! He brings so many smiles to me every day as he runs to me and says I love you. The simple things light up my life! I'm learning about having boys, since all I know is GIRL! He is a rough and tumble kind of boy. He throws everything and says "catch it" and wants to catch everything too. He gets so discouraged when he doesn't catch it that it breaks my heart.


Everett, well, what is there to say about that cute monkey! :) He's trying to crawl, he rocks back and forth on his knees, moves one hand or one knee and then goes down to his belly again. ANY day now and he'll be moving more than I know how to deal with. I DO believe I will cry when he accomplishes this. I can't believe that he's already 7 months old! I feel like it was just a couple of weeks ago that I had him. He says "dada" like it's going out of style. He's started learning about whispering, he will whisper "dada" and it's just the cutest thing ever! I'm still waiting to hear that sweet word "mama" that will forever be etched in my mind. He smiles very big when I say "mama" to him so I know that he knows what it means. It's cute, he's cute, everything's cute... (in case you haven't noticed).

Hannah's new phrase, yes you guessed it, is: "You've got to be kidding me." We just finished school and she went to the center of the book to get her stickers and she saw that it was the same stickers that were in her last book that she worked on... Yep, first thing she said "You've got to be kidding me." LOL! I love how she's learning new things and then uses them as well, it's not just words and phrases either. She's learning new "fashion" things like how to wear a watch, what silly bandz are, what shoes to wear stockings or socks with, etc. She loves to wear headbands and hair bows and she LOVES her jewelry and dress up clothes! 98% of the time you'll find my girl in her dresses. :) She would rather wear a dress than anything else. She told me this morning that sometimes she likes to wear pants but not today! I seriously did laugh out loud to that! I'm so blessed to have my sweet girl!

This was going to be a post about home schooling but I ended up just needing to brag on my cutie pies some! :) I think 4 is my new favorite phase of a child's life after the first year of course. :)

So back to home schooling: we're doing some preschool stuff, nothing too structured yet but nothing overly FUN either. That'll come. This year, we're learning our alphabet, cutting and gluing, numbers, counting, same and different, and how to color in the lines and out of the lines. :) Hannah's catching on SO fast and sometimes I'm so surprised at some of the things she knows. I love how she gets to practice writing her name 8-10 times a day on each paper she does. She loves it too! :) Since we learned the letter M, I showed her how to write the word "MOM." :) Yes, I know where my priorities are. :)


So, that's what is going on in our lives right now. My children hold the heartstrings to my heart and I love them dearly! I just thought I'd share some of our comings and goings with you. This is my life at home with my 3 wonderful children! :)

No comments: